Saturday, November 1, 2008

More Bugs of Thailand: Praying Mantis

Earlier this month, we saw praying mantises being born. They came wriggling out of a brown thing that looked like a bubble or a knob that was stuck to a pole. They came out looking like little yellow-green worms but with two legs. Then they slid down a thread like a spider web. In the next minute, they grew into praying mantises and scurried off. There were probably a thousand of them – no lie. It was the most amazing bug life I have ever seen. - Arjuna







1 comment:

Unknown said...

AJ, that praying mantis story sounded so cool man. I wish I was there with you to see it! I love watching things hatch, particularly bugs cause they're so slimey and weird. I miss hanging out with you. Tell your mom to tell me what type of bow string you need and I'll ship it to you some how! Love always, Dharmavira